Monday, October 22, 2012

Southside Swarm VBC Review

Club Director: Chris Heman
Flub Fees: $695-$1150



I have had many opportunities to see Swarm teams play and see their coaching styles. Overall as a whole, Swarm is a great club to play for. I have met and like the club director very much. I do have a few concerns though.  My concerns lie with the individual coaches.

Some of the Swarm coaches only experience is in coaching park and rec teams. I feel not all of their coaches make the mark. One coach in particular I have experience with. We played against each other many times. I observed him become quite belligerent when his team was loosing. I witnessed girls brought to tears and parents irate with his behavior. Another coach I witnessed as the director of a tournament. She was great. She was quite the opposite of the coach before mentioned. She knew how to bring the best out of her players, which is exactly what a coach is supposed to do.
Parents who daughters played for Southside Swarm gave me the following comments.

" We loved playing for Swarm. The coach was great and we had a successful team."

" The overall experience was okay. We had a coach who seemed less knowledgeable about volleyball than we thought they should be. The coach was good at individual skills, but lacked the ability to teach and coach the game, like setter rotation and transition."

" Our team did very well. We liked the coach and their style of coaching. Our daughter improved a lot while playing for Swarm"

http://www.southsideswarmvbc.com/index.html


3 comments:

  1. Today I witnessed the most unprofessional coach ever!!!
    January 8 at Eudora 16 girls volleyball tournament.
    Will buchholz was a embarrassment to his club. Everyone there saw you make a azz out of yourself not once but multiple times. You are a bad influence on our girls!!!!
    Please go get therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I witnessed the most unprofessional coach ever!!!
    January 8 at Eudora 16 girls volleyball tournament.
    Will buchholz was a embarrassment to his club. Everyone there saw you make a azz out of yourself not once but multiple times. You are a bad influence on our girls!!!!
    Please go get therapy.

    ReplyDelete