Wednesday, September 26, 2012

BVAC Attack

Club Director: Becky Elkins
Fees: $500-$700 (this years current fees not posted)

BVAC Attack has come a long way from previous years. In the past they had little talent on their teams. I have personally seen their talent grow over the last two years. Is BVAC worth it...Yes but mainly because their fees match the level of coaching they provide. Many parents I spoke to were thrilled with their teams, a few expressed coaching concerns. They do have a what I consider a mostly novice coaching staff. One coach in particular was described to me as belligerent. He supposedly uses profanity more often than words from the dictionary. At a fundraiser he reportedly was so drunk parents spoke of it for weeks. I know I would not want one of my daughters on his team. I had the opportunity to speak to previous players of mine and their moms, who played for BVAC last year.

One said they were happy with the experience they had playing for BVAC. They liked the coach and felt like personally as a player she grew a lot. Their team as a whole ended up doing pretty well and the player when asked said "I loved it" She was happy and felt successful, what more could a parent ask for.

Another of my previous players played on another BVAC team. She happened to play for the coach mentioned above who drinks too much and has a potty mouth. Her mother expressed that her daughter progressed very little playing on that team and wished she had known about the coach before trying out.

I have noticed that any girls that I have coached who play for BVAC tend to be at the higher end of the talent pool and are placed on their gold teams. If your daughter is a moderate player you can expect her to look like a superstar at BVAC's open gyms and tryouts:)

http://www.bvacattack.com/home

Our next review will be on Invasion Volleyball

No comments:

Post a Comment